Social Media Marketing Definition
Social Media is:
An umbrella term that defines the various activities that integrate technology, social interaction and the construction of words, pictures, video, and audio. Or more simply it just describes the millions of conversations people are having with each other across the globe 24/7.
10 Reasons Why You Should Be Using Social Media For Marketing
- Social Media interaction online is the number 1 activity online beating out porn and personal e-mail.
- 2/3 rd of the global internet population visit social media networks.
- Time spent on Social Networks is growing at 3x the overall internet growth rate and accounts for 10% of all internet time.
- Online, including Social Media has become the most influential source in helping consumers make purchasing decisions.
- Millions of people are creating content for the web. Your competitors are already there, your customers have always been there.
- 3 billion consumers will access the internet from a mobile device. This is called the freshweb. This forces brands to engage with their customers.
- Facebook has won the Social Networking war. If it were a country it would be bigger than the US. Facebook adds 1/2 a million users daily
- Twitter believes it will have 1 billion users by 2012. This will mean it is the pulse of the planet.
- One way marketing has had its day. STOP thinking campaigns START thinking conversations. Listening first, selling second.
- In almost all cases Social Media is FREE. All it takes is a little time.
Social Media Marketing is here to stay. Are you using Social Media Marketing in your business?
Filed under: Social Media
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!